Monday, October 20, 2008

We Have Bad Scarf Days

A lot of people have told me how lucky I am for not having to deal with bad hair days, since I wear the Muslim covering, hijab. By the way we do have hair, we are not bald under there. We may not have bad hair days, but we have bad scarf days.

There are days in the morning no matter how hard I try to ensure the perfect edge lining that frames my face it just doesn't work. And let me tell how important it is to get the perfect edge, because it could make or break your face. A perfect edge, and you get the right face structure balance, a not so perfect one makes you look very disproportionate, like you just got out of the operating ward from a face lift.

And then there are days where your scarf not matter how many pins you have fastened it with on your head just doesn't want to stick. So you end up having hair slipping all over the place. People think this is a sexy look, just a little exposure but not too much, the teaser. But it can be annoying as hell when one is purposely trying not to look sexy. Especially for me when I have to try really HARD not to ; )

2 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

Ha, I had not thought about it, but I guess it would be very important to get it right, would it not? And clearly you do have to try harder to not be sexy. :DD

Morgan the Muse said...

Oh, I wish I was in Texas. I dislike being cold. But the jacket is always a good thing. Maybe you will get a cold spell for abit, and have to pull out one? I hear that it is not completely unimaginable, down there.