Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OPEC you suck balls

Seriously...I filled my tank up today for $33, on my way back home. I think I wanted to kiss the guy right next to me...I haven't seen that number at the gas station since...god knows when! But my joy was short lived as soon as i got home and tuned on CNN. OPEC is planning to cut production by a gazillion barrels which means supply will go down and demand will climb causing gas prices to rise again....now why would they do this when the economy is in the crappers!???!!! Because demand for oil has gone down due to the current economic crisis...OPEC claims to be losing about $1billion every week since the downfall....and I ask how many gazillion dollars did you (OPEC) make in the summer when gas was $4.00....FUCK!

Yes, I am mad, angry, livid....yes I curse put up with it....I remember during my junior year in college I was describing to a friend how mad I was at a professor for always picking on me to answer questions that even he couldn't answer...I remember saying "Fuck, I am tired of looking like a dimwit in that class!" I clearly can recollect this boy turning around and laughing saying"I didn't think holy people could curse!" The scarf on my head does not equate to holiness....shit I am human just like you are...just with rag on the head....

Funny how I wrote the below today in the morning and my desire to serve humanity got tested today at the gas station....a lady came up asking for some money for gas...i took a double look at her, she didn't look disheveled nor needy...i looked at her car and it didn't scream i lack money...something about her wasn't normal but i couldn't put my finger on what exactly...i decided to give her $3...that was all the cash I had....I watched her as she went inside the convenient store and I didn't drive off until she did...she put exactly $3 worth of gas....As I was driving off I felt guilty, maybe I could have used my debit card to give her at least $10 of gas...what if she had forgotten her wallet at home and didn't have any cash on her...no credit card...and was in dire need of gas to pick up her child from school...all these thoughts came to my mind as I was driving off...what if I was in her position....i would hope somebody would have the heart to help without hesitance...

1 comment:

Morgan the Muse said...

Do not beat yourself up too much. You gave her some money, after all. That was about a gallon, depending on how prices are there where you are. Do not blame yourself for your small contribution, maybe look at it as a reason to work on a solution?
Oh, and I understand the holy person thing. My best friend is the most devote Christian I know, and she cusses up a storm every day. It is hysterical.