Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Feel the need to see say it

I am not going to hide it anymore...I am Muslim and an American...and I love this country damn it...I am that woman that you see in the grocery store with the scarf on her head, who you probably think is uneducated, oppressed, and does not speak a word of english....well I am here to shatter those stereotypes...I am an educated, liberated, and a good english speaker...probably better than alot of people out there....so if you have a problem with who I am...i suggest you don't bother reading my blog...Who I am shapes my views in life but that doesn't mean I ignorantly disclaim other people's way of life...Yes I am M-U-S-L-I-M...bite me!

1 comment:

PastelGuy said...

Now that's edgy! What else can you tell us about your experiences here in the states as a female muslim? I grew up in NW Montana on a Reservation (even though caucasions outnumbered the Native Americans by A LOT!), but have never really had any interaction with different cultures. There is a student in my school who just started to wear a scarf this year. What is she going through?