Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Smile Biatchhhhhhhhhhhhhh

One particularl lady that works at the cafetaria fascinates me beyond normalcy. She has became my social human experiment without evenknowing it. My hypothesis goes like this: if you do something so often eventually that subject will reciprocate back.

Cafeteria lady has never cracked a smile in the 18 months I have roamed the cafeteria looking dazed and confused watching people scavenger for food that is way below sub-par. A lot of my work mates avoid her line because of her gloomy outlook. It could be sunny and clear clouds outside but her weather is always gloom. At least you can always predict her, no surprises there! I never avoid her, it has became my mission to make her smile. While everyone just passes her line without the slightest words apart from "no receipt", without hesitance I try to make small talk with her about yesterday's football game "wasn't Romo something" I would say , "yaaaaa" in her monotone voice she'd reply. I am not giving up hope, like B would say, the Audacity to Hope!

I always smile at her, if anything a smile is charity to a person. Cheery, rosy, and determined everyday my mission is like the one yesterday. Any normal person would have lost hope by now, maybe she was born with a permanent gloom. Who knows? Gloomatitis, maybe?

This is not a Disney movie or blog? So the end of the blog is nearing, because frankly writing about her is a wee depressing, and there is no happily ever after ending in sight. She is today what she was yesterday. Was one of the Seven Dwarfs from Snow White named Gloomy, if not, we need an 8th dwarf? They need to cast her. Gloomy McGloomy.

Hypothesis testing still underway.

No comments: